The Mindful Workplace [Paperback]
Developing Resilient Individuals and Resonant Organizations with MBSRby Michael Chaskalson
Usually ships within 2 to 4 working days
Also Available as an eBook:
Description of The Mindful WorkplaceThis book offers a practical and theoretical guide to the benefits of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in the workplace, describing the latest neuroscience research into the effects of mindfulness training and detailing an eight-week mindfulness training course.
* Provides techniques which allow people in organizations to listen more attentively, communicate more clearly, manage stress and foster strong relationships
* Includes a complete eight-week mindfulness training course, specifically customized for workplace settings, along with further reading and training resources
* Written by a mindfulness expert and leading corporate trainer
Write a review of this book
Customer Reviews from Amazon
About Michael ChaskalsonMichael Chaskalson is the UK's leading trainer of mindfulness-based approaches to work, with clients including London Business School, Prudential and GlaxoSmithKline. He is an honorary lecturer at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University, UK, and has more than thirty years experience of Buddhism and formal meditation.
Contents of The Mindful Workplace1. Introduction: the Business Case for Mindfulness Training
2. What is Mindfulness?
3. What is Mindfulness Practice?
4. Positive and Negative Stress: Up and Down the Yerkes-Dodson Curve
5. Approach and Avoidance: Learning New Ways to be with What Is
6. Metacognition: Knowing Your Thoughts as Thoughts
7. Respond: Learning Not To React
8. Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence: Positive Relationships at Work
9. Mindfulness for Leaders
10. Mindfulness in Coaching
11. Living Mindfully
12. Putting On An Eight Week Workplace Mindfulness Course
Appendix 1: Good Practice Guidance for Teaching Mindfulness
Appendix 2: Review of significant mindfulness research
Appendix 3: Further reading
Appendix 4: Further training and other resources