Hedge Funds [Paperback]
An Introduction to Skill Based Investment Strategiesby Richard Hills
In stock, usually dispatched within 24 hours
Description of Hedge FundsIn this timely book Richard Hills, who has invested millions of pounds in hedge funds on behalf of private clients and institutions, reveals the inside story of his industry.
- Drawing on his extensive knowledge and practical experience he explains:
- Hedge fund strategies
- The secrets of the hedge fund industry's major players and their techniques
- Modern investment theory and the probability that managers will be judged more on absolute returns
- How investors should choose hedge funds, warning of the pitfalls but stressing the profits potential.
People who bought this book also bought
High Performance Trading
by Steve Ward
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets
by John Murphy
The Naked Trader's Guide to Spread Betting
by Robbie Burns
Press and Industry Reviews'Dynamite. Richard Hills presents his subject persuasively. This is the way ahead.'
- Martin Gilbert, Aberdeen Trust PLC
'Richard Hills' book gets behind the media hype surrounding hedge funds and explains their important role as risk diversifiers and return enhancers. It can't be long before pension funds include them in their portfolio of investments.'
- Anthea Nugent, William M Mercer Ltd
Write a review of this book
Customer Reviews from Amazon
Contents of Hedge FundsPreface to the second edition
Definition of a hedge fund
1. The History of Hedge Funds - Nailing a Few Nonsenses
2. Some Typical Hedge Fund Investment Strategies
3. Who Are The Players?
4. The New World - Post Modern Portfolio Theory
5. Hedge Funds Versus Other Investments
6. How To Access And Assess Hedge Funds
7. Constructing A Balanced Portfolio Of Hedge Funds
8. Are Hedge Funds Suitable For All Investors?
9. The Future