The Intelligent Investor [Paperback]
with an introduction by Warren Buffett, and up-to-date examples from Jason Zweigby Benjamin Graham
In stock, usually dispatched within 24 hours
Also Available as an eBook:
Description of The Intelligent InvestorThe classic bestseller by Benjamin Graham, "The Intelligent Investor" has taught and inspired hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Since its original publication in 1949, Benjamin Graham's book has remained the most respected guide to investing, due to his timeless philosophy of "value investing", which helps protect investors against the areas of possible substantial error and teaches them to develop long-term strategies with which they will be comfortable down the road. Over the years, market developments have borne out the wisdom of Graham's basic policies, and in today's volatile market, "The Intelligent Investor" is the most important book you will ever read on making the right decisions to protect your investments and make them a success. Featuring new chapter updates - which append every chapter of Graham's book, leaving his original text untouched - from noted financial journalist Jason Zweig, this HarperBusiness Essentials edition of the timeless classic offers readers an even clearer understanding of Graham's wisdom as it should be applied today.
Press and Industry Reviews'By far the best book on investment ever written.'
- Warren Buffet
'There have been other good books written about money since 1841, but only a few hold up. The best known and most likely to make you money is The Intelligent Investor.'
- Andrew Tobias
'Graham ranks as this century's (and perhaps history's) most important thinker on applied portfolio investment.'
- John Train, author of The Money Masters, The New Money Masters and The Craft Of Investing
Customer Reviews from Amazon
About Benjamin GrahamBenjamin Graham was the most influential investor of all time. His work laid the foundation of modern security analysis and The Intelligent Investor is considered to be the definitive text on value investing. His life and work have been the inspiration for many of today's most successful businesspeople. Updated edition Jason Zweig, a respected financial journalist, writes for Money magazine. He was recently awarded the 2002 Excellence in Investor Education Award for his dedication to informing and educating the public on value investing.
Contents of The Intelligent InvestorPreface by Warren Buffett
Introduction: What this book expects to accomplish
1. Investment vs Speculation: Results to be expected by the Intelligent Investor
2. The Investor and Inflation
3. A Century of Stock-Market History: The Level of Stock Prices in Early 1972
4. General Portfolio Policy: The Defensive Investor
5. The Defensive Investor and Common Stocks
6. Portfolio Policy for the Enterprising Investor: Negative Approach
7. Portfolio Policy for the Enterprising Investor: The Positive Side
8. The Investor and Market Fluctuations
9. Investing in Investment Funds
10. The Investor and His Advisers
11. Security Analysis for the Lay Investor
12. General things to Consider About Per-Share Earnings
13. A Comparison of Four Listed Companies
14. Stock Selection for the Defensive Investor
15. Stock Selection for the Enterprising Investor
16. Convertible Issues and Warrants
17. Four Extremely Instructive Case Histories
18. A Comparison of Eight Pairs of Companies
19. Stockholders and Management: Dividend Policy
20. 'Margin of Safety' as the Central Concept of Investment
Other books by Benjamin Graham